Part I: Five Ways to Deepen Your Relationships
Part I is divided into five chapters that detail practical ways to deepen any and all relationships.
- Why Some People Never Lack Friends
- The Art of Self Disclosure
- How to Communicate Warmth
- Love is Something You Do
- Neglect This and Watch Your Friends Flee
Chapter 2: Assign Top Priority to Relationship
ReplyDelete"There is a direct correlation between the amount of love in your personal life, and the amount of success experienced in the outside world (p.19)."
Big thoughts in Chapter Two.
As Shakealia shared in her opening comments, I must also admit I have a lot to learn about friendship. I thought I was pretty great. Now I have to acknowledge that I'm only pretty good. LOL! Chapter three and self-disclosure stepped on my toes. I'm not one for sharing a lot of details about myself. In the spirit of wisdom, trust, obedience and discernment, I get the message. Thank You Jesus for Your perfect example of love, transparency & friendship.
ReplyDeletePart I was enlightening and confirming for me. Jesus wants me to follow His example and be the friend He's called me to be. He also wants me to discern those traits in others. What should I do when I discern less than true friendship from another? Part I shares example after example of how friendship is the springboard for every other love. What should we do when we sense that a love is not true? Jesus, what should we do?
ReplyDelete